Viofo A229 Fimware
2. Unzip (if needed) the file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip
3. Copy the file directly onto the microSD card root file, not in any folders (card must be in Fat32 format - formatting the card inside the camera will make it Fat32). Using a card reader is the recommended way to get the file onto the memory card.
4. Insert the microSD card into the camera and power it on via a 5V/1A power source, e.g. USB wall charger, cigarette lighter car adapter or power bank, it will start upgrade automatically. Do not use your computers USB ports!
5. While upgrading, the front REC red LED starts blinking (the light blinks slowly at the beginning, then blinks quickly), when the lights stop blinking, that means the upgrade is finished. The camera will restart and the firmware file will be deleted automatically.
6. IMPORTANT!! Now go into the menu and manually default your cameras settings. Do not miss this step!
7. Once the camera restarts, use a paper clip, or something similar, and press the reset button on the side of the camera. There is the letter R just above the reset button hole on the left side of the camera. Press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds. This will clear the memory buffer.
- Add LED Control in Parking Mode.
- Add Stamp of IP Address on Screen After Turning on WiFi Station Mode.
- Trivial Bug Fixes.
Firmware: Version V1.2_20230324
- Added: Wi-Fi Station Mode support, holding both MIC+WiFi buttons to enable Station Mode.
- Added: One button to quickly enable/disable parking mode (Hold the MIC button to switch).
- Other Bug Fixes
1. Fix GPS tracking.
2. Other trival bugs fixed.